More About the Villa and Property Features
Costa Rica Lake View Villa – Private Rainforest Reserve on Lake Arenal
The Lake View Villa is located in the cool rainforest mountains of Costa Rica on the north end of Lake Arenal as part of a 40 acre estate. The Villa is a two story house that sleeps up to 7 guests with a unique design. The lower level has a living room, kitchen with dining area, bathroom, bedroom with adjoining open porch and laundry room. The upper level has a private entrance and is complete with kitchen, combined living/bedroom, bathroom and a veranda.
- Unique design with private entrance on upper level
- Both levels kitchen, bathroom, living/bedroom and a veranda
- Part of 40 acre estate in the rainforest on Lake Arenal
- Set at edge of cool rainforest, streams and reserve.
- Spectacular View of lake and surrounding mountains.
- Extensive hiking trails with stream, ponds and waterfalls.
- Abundant wildlife, flora, and fauna.
- Quick access to Lake Arenal shore on property to swim, fish, etc.
- Cool morning and even breezes
- Bird watching paradise.
- View of amazing sunsets, and stars at night
You will enjoy a spectacular setting at this rainforest villa with incredible views of Lake Arenal and the surrounding mountains. There are extensive hiking trails on our own Private Nature Reserve with stream, ponds to swim in and waterfalls to relax by as well as abundant wildlife and flora/fauna. Be sure to visit the Enchanted Tree. Lake Arenal access is just a few minutes walk from the villa. Jungle treks through the rainforest is an eco-adventure of a lifetime with miles of manicured trails at your beckon call.
A 10 minute walk through the property brings you to the edge of the lake to discover the beautiful coves where you can fish, swim and kayak (when kayaks are available.) This is one of the few rental properties that has direct Lake Arenal access within just a few minutes walk to the lakeshore from the house.
The house is set in the mountains so we get the cool morning and evening breezes. Imagine waking up to the sound of a running stream, the unique sound of the howler monkeys, and dozens of birds making their morning sounds as they explore the trees surrounding the house or eat at the nearby bird perch. On occasion the howler monkey troop will choose the trees or canopy near the house to have breakfast or dinner. There can be up to 20 of various sizes as they circulate through the 30 acre property. We invite you to view some of the great pictures we have taken from the side of the house in addition to the videos attached.
This is a Birdwatchers Paradise. Bird watching in this temperate zone climate offers as many as 300 different species of birds. We have seen keel billed toucans, tanagers, parrots, hummingbirds, red legged honeycreepers, hawks and a virtual potpourri of colorful feathered friends. See the photos. This is part of the experience of staying at the Lake View Villa.
Some days it is great just to relax and enjoy morning coffee on the veranda, spend hours in the rainforest following the extensive hiking trails and the flowing stream down to the lake, enjoying the waterfalls and swimming in the natural pools of crystal water. It is like entering another world. From the veranda upstairs you have a perfect view of the lake, the windmills, the numerous birds and at night the lights of Tronadora across the lake. You can certainly leave your heart in Costa Rica.
- Air Conditioning: Multiple fans and cool mountain breezes.
- Wireless Internet
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Flat-screen TV: On both floors
- DVD Player: Down stairs and upstairs
- Video Library: Many of all types.
- Books: Variety
- CD Player
- Music Library: Variety
- Catering Available: Arrange through property managers
- Kitchen: Fully equipped on both floors
- Coffee Maker: Downstairs and upstairs
- Cooking Utensils & Dishes
- Oven / Stove